Golden Thread Productions is dedicated to exploring Middle Eastern cultures and identities as expressed around the globe.
We present alternative perspectives of the Middle East by developing and producing theatrical work that is aesthetically varied and politically and viscerally engaging.
Our mission is to make the Middle East a potent presence on the American stage and a treasured cultural experience.
Through our work, we aim to create a world where the common human experience supersedes cultural and political differences. We define the Middle East broadly and inclusively not by geographical boundaries, but as the shared and evolving experience of the people who have been touched by its tales, melodies and aromas throughout history. The Middle East lives inside us: as we redefine ourselves, we redefine the Middle East.
Our Guiding Principles are:
- Develop and produce innovative works that intrigue, inquire and influence.
- Engage the community in an active dialogue and draw diverse audiences.
- Discover, develop and support Middle Eastern artists.
- Promote the rich texts and diverse performance styles of the Middle East.
- Seek and include the many talents of our diverse community in the production of socially conscious works with a progressive political sensibility.
In our vast imagination, the Middle East is defined not by geographical boundaries and political separations, but as the shared experience of the people, who throughout history have been touched by its tales, melodies and aromas. The Middle East lives inside us, as we redefine ourselves, we redefine the Middle East.
Theatre transcends boundaries,
it facilitates the search,
where silence once prevailed.
Theatre mirrors our spirit,
it moves and challenges,
transforms fear to hope,
illuminating dreams into life.