Reports to: Artistic Director
Summary of Position:
Golden Thread Productions seeks an Artistic Producer to support our ongoing efforts to diversify American theatre through the development and production of work devoted to the Middle East. The goal of this position is to implement Golden Thread’s mission through compelling artistic programming, engagement of a vibrant artistic community, and the documentation of the company’s artistic output and impact. This is an incredible opportunity for an emerging creative arts professional seeking a hands-on position in the production of a mainstage season at a small, but nationally recognized non-profit theatre company.
PURPOSE – Under the direct supervision of senior staff members, this critical position will assist the Executive Artistic Director in the production of a 3-show main stage season by providing administrative support in production management, casting, and literary management. Additionally, this team member will provide artistic support through the coordination of play selection and casting, and the production of the annual New Threads staged reading series.
Production Management: Manage the overall season production schedule, coordinate design meetings/discussions, manage production budget, and complete reports.
Casting: Manage the casting database, schedule and manage season and production-specific auditions, prepare AEA casting notices and reports.
Literary Management: Manage the script database, read scripts and write recommendations, produce the annual New Threads Staged Reading Series, and manage play development workshops.
• A degree in theatre arts, preferably in dramaturgy, directing, or producing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with varied communication styles.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Technical theater knowledge preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency in basic computer applications like Word, Excel, Email and Google
• Ability to analyze priorities and manage workflow.
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to plan and look ahead.
• Ability to work both independently and on projects with others.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion, and the ability to work with diverse groups of artists and audiences. The ideal candidate will be politically aware and sensitive to the plurality of thought and culture both within the Middle East and its world-wide diaspora.
• Must be able to push or pull objects weighing up to 30 pounds, and lift or carry objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
We believe that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications above. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
This is a part time, exempt position, reporting to the Executive Artistic Director. Pay range is between $20-$22/hour, commensurate with experience. Our offices are located in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood. Exact schedule will vary depending on production needs and during productions with some on-site evening and weekend hours required. Golden Thread Productions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or gender. Golden Thread is a current member of Theater Communications Group’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Institute.
Please email a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and our organization, along with the names and contact information for three or more references, to email@example.com with subject line: Artistic Producer.
Please make sure that references are from current and/or former supervisors and that information includes names, phone numbers, and the name of the organization where you worked with each person. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Early submissions are encouraged. No phone calls or packets by regular mail, please.
Golden Thread accepts ongoing resumes with letters of interest in Golden Thread from stage managers, designers, set builders, and technical directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our email list to receive general announcements.