Golden Thread produces passionate and provocative plays from and about the Middle East that celebrate the multiplicity of its perspectives and identities. We are a developmental catalyst and vibrant artistic home to artists at various stages of their careers. We bring the Middle East to the American stage, creating treasured cultural experiences for audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
• Plays by playwrights of Middle Eastern heritage on any topic
• Plays about the Middle East by playwrights of any ethnic background
• Plays must be in English
Areas of interest include:
• Comedies: political satire, romantic comedies
• Plays that experiment with non-realistic forms, non-linear or physically-based storytelling
• Plays that explore and demonstrate aspects of daily or family life
• Adaptations of classical texts and or historical figures
• Exploration of Middle Eastern performance traditions
ReOrient Festival of Short Plays
In January 2020, we will begin receiving submissions for consideration in ReOrient Festival of Short Plays 2021. ReOrient Festival showcases the diversity of voices and aesthetics from the Middle East and its worldwide diaspora in a curated festival of short plays produced biennially in San Francisco.
10 to 30-minute plays
ReOrient 2021 DEADLINE: May 30, 2020
• Complete the Play Submission Form
• Email pdf copy of the play to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Line: ReOrient 2021
We accept full-length plays year-round. We will only contact playwrights whose plays are under consideration for reading and/or production.
WE NO LONGER ACCEPT HARD COPY SUBMISSIONS BY MAIL.
For any further questions or concerns, email email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND KEEP WRITING!
Join our email list to receive general announcements.